Italy vs Germany prediction. On Wednesday, September 15, 2021, Italy and Germany will play in the quarter-finals of the 2021 European Volleyball Championship. Which of these two teams will continue their way down the bracket?
Over the past 5 years, these teams have played 4 matches against each other. The Germans won the European Championship 2017 with a score of 3: 2. But the Italians beat Germany only in the League of Nations - 3: 1 in 2018, 3: 0 in 2019 and 3: 2 in 2021.
The Italian national team is very confident in all their matches at the current European Championship:
- in the first round of the Euro, the Italians dealt with Belarus without any problems, not allowing the opponent to score even 50 points in 3 sets;
- in the second round, Italy confidently beats Montenegro (3: 0);
- in the third, the Italians lost one set to Bulgaria, but still won confidently (3: 1);
- in the fourth, Slovenia tried to fight Italy, but the Italians still scored 3: 0 (27:25, 25:20, 25:23);
- in the fifth round the Czechs managed to win one set against the Italians, but still Italy won 3: 1;
- in 1/8 the Italians confidently beat the Latvians (3: 0).
At the 2019 European Championships, Germany advanced from the group to the playoffs, where it first beat the Netherlands (3: 1), and then lost 1/4 to Poland (0: 3). Having confidently beaten Croatia and Estonia (both wins 3: 0), Latvia (3: 1) and Slovakia (3: 2), the Germans from the second place in the group advanced to the playoffs and got a completely passable opponent in 1/8 (Bulgaria) , who was beaten with a score of 3: 1. So they are in the quarterfinals, where they have to play with an opponent who is a little easier than Poland. So the Germans have a chance to surpass the results of the previous championship at the current Euro, especially since they have experience of beating Italy at the European Championship.